Tuesday, 30 August 2011

 Good morning all,

Well, today I am going to have a go at writing. Just putting ideas down that might one day be a story. You never know. I am still reading Wannabe a Writer by Jane Wenham-Jones. The problem with this book is that every chapter, in fact nearly every paragraph ends with me putting the book down to have a go at whatever this brilliant lady suggests next. Very inspiring, but makes for slow reading. From the slice I have read I would highly recommend this book to aspiring writers. Trust me, I have read many books on this subject, but have never got very far on the practical side.


Anyway, my best friend during writing, reading and pretty much everything in day-to-day life is my coffee. I am seriously addicted to the stuff and honestly trying to cut down. I get headaches if I don't have my morning coffee early enough. My children also know not to speak to me before I've had it if they want a positive reception. 


So, there you have it, my plans for the day. Well, the plans that I want to talk about. In between these activities, there will be a good lot of tidying, cleaning, washing and ironing (well I keep telling myself I'll do that anyway). At some point I have to get us all ready to go to J's Mum's house. His sister is over here on holiday from Dubai and she goes back tomorrow, so we are having a little send off. 

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely day. Still waiting for that first comment! Heehee Oh, and even if the comment is constructive criticism please go ahead and I will try to improve!

Anna B

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Anna! I too am an aspiring writer...I've had a half written fantasy novel stashed in my office draw for some years now and I am constantly having ideas for new stories, but I never seem to do anything about it, prolly cos I'm usually either searching for or painting furniture :) Anyhoo, good luck with your writing and your blogging and I look forward to seeing more from you :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cas, That's how I tend to be. Always working through scenes in my head, but I've never actually sat down and written a beginning, middle and end. Your furniture is fantastic. It's so inspiring, and also nice to see that you can create a beautiful home without spending a fortune. I look forward to reading more.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete